The MUN Students’ Union operates a number of cost-saving services to meet the unique needs of its members. Many of the services are offered in conjunction with students’ unions across the country through our membership in the Canadian Federation of Students.
- The Attic Copy & Convenience: Your one stop shop for anything and everything you might need on campus! Combining convenience store products at affordable prices, copying and printing services, a Canada Post outlet and more, The Attic has what you need.
- The Breezeway: The Breezeway is the campus’ student-owned bar, located on the first floor of the University Centre. The Breezeway is open to all students, faculty, staff, and guests who are 19, except during all age events. It also contains The Garage, an all-ages pool/games room, perfect for hanging out during the day!
- CHMR-FM: Your campus radio station! Providing a wide range of programming, from many different genres of music to news and talk shows, CHMR is a fantastic alternative to the many Top 40 stations on your radio dial. With many alumni who have gone on to long careers in media it’s also the perfect place to get your start, as undergraduate students can host their own show for free!
- Health and Dental Insurance: In the current climate of increasing health care costs, students on fixed incomes are particularly vulnerable. The Students’ Union operates group health and dental plans for members to ensure that all students have access to the medical services they require.
- Student Discounts: Through the Canadian Federation of Students, the Students’ Union offers the International Student Identity Card (ISIC) and the StudentSaver card. The StudentSaver card works solely as a discount card and is available to all students, whereas the ISIC is only available to full-time students, but also acts as an identity card which can be used around the world.
- SafeDrive: In an effort to keep students safe off campus, the Students’ Union offers the SafeDrive program. SafeDrive offers free rides home for students who stay late studying.
- Grocery Shuttle: A FREE Bus shuttle service provided in partnership with Sobeys. Departs TUESDAYS from 6:00-9:00pm, every 30 mins, Corte Real parking lot (Burton’s Pond Road). ONLY DURING THE FALL/WINTER SEMESTERS.
For more information about any of these services, check out the links on the right, or in the drop-down menu above. If you have any further questions, complaints, or recommendations please contact the Executive Director of Finance & Services at email@example.com.